April 21, 1923 - February 17, 2009
This is a picture of my Grandpa, George Names. He suddenly passed away yesterday.
I'm so thankful to have been able to see him one last time during our trip to Arizona for Christmas last year. This photo was taken during that trip and it is just how I remember my Grandpa. What a blessing that was for us all to be together!
My Grandpa was a WWII Army veteran who fought in the European theater and came ashore on the beaches of Normandy. He was also involved in the Battle of the Bulge where he subsequently suffered from frozen feet and was medically discharged after the war. He was a kind-hearted man who loved his wife, three daughters and their families. I have nothing but wonderful memories of my Grandpa and I'm thankful to have known him.
Mike and I and the kids will be traveling tomorrow to California to attend the funeral which will be on Monday. Please pray for God's comfort for my family, especially for my Grandma.
Stacy, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Grandfather was an amazing man. I know that your faith will get you through this difficult time and I hope that the memories of your grandfather will bring peace to you and your family. I will pray that the Lord will sustain you and your family and bring comfort to you at this time.
ReplyDeleteStacy,
ReplyDeleteYou captured the essence of Grandpa George so well! He was a wonderful man who was loved by so many. The family that he leaves behind on this Earth will remember him for his good nature and quiet dignity. I am blessed to have known him. It is my prayer that he is in Heaven waiting for us to one day join him.
David