Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ian means "God is Gracious"

Twice a year the Mothers of Multiples group that I belong to has a big sale. In preparation, last week I began to pull out some items that the kids have outgrown. Clothes and toys...you can imagine the amount of stuff that we have.

I came across a baby "gym" that was given to Ian. When I pulled it out of the closet he saw it and immediately began to play with it. In fact, that was his toy of choice for the rest of the day. It was so sweet to watch him examine every square inch of it, push it over, lay on top of it and try to find out where the music was coming from.

Ian rediscovering his gym.

It seems like he was just here...

laying underneath and just staring at the animals dropping down.

He is quickly growing up. Now he is crawling and pulling up on just about everything. This morning after bible study he even crawled to me, pulled himself up and stood alone for a second or two. Soon he'll be taking his first steps.

It took Mike and I some time before we knew what we would name Ian. When we started to throw around his name I looked up the meaning and it was settled. Ian means, "God is gracious". Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined a more precious little boy to call my son.

For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him.

1 Samuel 1:27

God has been gracious to give us little Ian. We are so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment