Sunday, April 26, 2009

Last day...

Well the time has finally caught up with us. We found out 9 months ago that Mike would be deploying and today was our last full day together as a family.
There was such a nice send out for Mike at church today. They added him to the prayer list of the servicemen who are overseas and the elders prayed over him at the end of the service. It is such a comfort to know so many are praying for his safety while he is away from us.
I also have comfort because the Lord has been reminding me of Romans 8:28 which reads, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." God is sovereign over all things in our life and I often wonder what He will teach us during this time apart.
We went out to eat tonight. Here we are at Chester's Hamburgers.
Although I am dreading the goodbye tomorrow at the airport, it must come so that we can look forward to the "hello" in the Fall. We will miss you so much, Mike! We love you!!
My Mom & Dad (aka Grammy & Piepy or the "Arizona Support Team") arrived Thursday. Thanks Mom & Dad!

2 comments:

  1. Your family will be in my prayers. We went through our own goodbye at the airport today and like you I am grateful to know that there are people praying for us, and that He will never give us any trial that we can't handle. I'm also so grateful to know that my own prayers are heard and can be answered. I am confident that these months with Peter away will be a growing experience for my family. It will also make us all appreciate each other so much more. Best wishes to you and the kiddos and a safe and speedy return to Mike. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Stacy. Susan Rath

    ReplyDelete