Thursday, January 15, 2009

1 Year Check-up, blankets & pillows

Yesterday Ian & Jillian had their 1 year well baby exams. Here they are looking into a mirror on the exam table. They each received good reports. They both weighed in at 22 lbs and each measured 31 inches. The hardest part was that they had to get blood drawn. They do this to check for anemia. It was pretty awful. I helped hold down Ian along with a nurse while a second nurse drew his blood. Mike did the same with Jillian. They were troopers!


We've discovered that the kids really like fleece blankets.
They like to lay right in the middle and put their face right into the soft fleece. After I made the blankets I saw that my friend's kids had fleece pillows. I decided to give it a try.

When I went back to get more fleece they were out of stock of the cute polka-dots pattern, but I decided on the solid pink for Jillian. Fortunately, they still had Ian's pattern with all the different vehicles. I think they came out really cute!

As you can see, I think Ian & Jillian like them too!

Update on Sammie: I'm happy to inform you that Sammie is doing great! He's more lively now than when he went to the vet to begin with. I'm sure that those "buggies" in his mouth were making him feel bad...but now he is on the mend!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! They're so big! The girls have theirs in 2 weeks (well, Elisa's 2 year and Anna's 4 month) so I'll keep you posted. I think Anna might catch up to Elisa sooner rather than later.

    I love the blankets. A friend made one for Elisa and it's one of her favorites, too! I think I might try my hand at it for Anna. So cute!

    I love catching up on what you guys are doing on here. Thanks for sharing, Stacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They kiddos are soooo precious! I love those fleece blankets too! My mom made our little girl one, so we hope she will like it too! Hopefully she will show up one of these days... :) Thanks for blogging--it's great to keep track of you guys! Love, Allison

    ReplyDelete