Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

We had a very fun and busy weekend! Saturday morning was spent at Portrait Innovations getting pictures done of the babies for their 1st birthday. The pictures came out so well! I am more than pleased. It was morning naptime and Ian & Jillian still managed to smile for most of the pictures!
With that, I was able to complete the "Watch Me Grow" frames that I have up in their nursery.

Aren't they cute?
I still can't believe that all of the months are filled in from their first year of life!
Saturday afternoon there was a wedding to attend.
I stayed home with the babies and Mike went and represented all of us.
Here he is just before he left for the wedding.
The couple go to our church. According to Mike it was a beautiful service. It was told that after James proposed to Katie he washed her feet as a picture of the servanthood of Christ and his servanthood toward his future bride. Isn't that a beautiful image of his love for her and a reminder of the love of Christ for his people? Christ washed his disciples' feet before He was led away and later crucified.

Sunday we went to church. We heard a great message from one of our missionaries to Papua New Guinea. He spoke about the Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. It convicted me to spend more time in God's Word and reminded me of the nuggets of gold that are waiting to be uncovered within it!
Lastly,"24" starts tonight! I am excited about season 7 as we can now DVR it and watch without commercials! Love that!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had done something like those frames for my kids - they are so neat!!!! Also, don't you just love DVR's?? I haven't watched hardly any commercials in years because we don't have the tv on during the day except for the news and we watch our recorderd shows at night after the kids are in bed!

    ReplyDelete