Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Poor Sammie

Well, I had a great day today!
I had my house cleaned this morning, which always makes me feel good!
The babies and I hung out in the play room and had lots of fun
playing and watching Baby Einstein!
I also got a haircut...which is always enjoyable.

Our sweet Sammie on the other hand...
did not have such a great day...poor guy!

Mike dropped him off at the Vet this morning for his yearly teeth cleaning and dental exam. The Vet called early this afternoon to let us know that she had to pull 5 of Sammie's teeth. Ugh...My heart sank as I knew that must have been painful when he woke from his slumber. Seems that most toy dogs (Sammie is a Maltese) have this problem as they age. Sammie is 10. She said he has a couple of other "loose" teeth, but she didn't want to pull them quite yet. She said it might help to start brushing Sammie's teeth and hopefully we'll be able to save the ones that are questionable. We have never been faithful to brush their teeth, as it always seems to be a battle to get Sammie and Lulu to cooperate.
However, after the $350 vet bill, (ugh..my heart sank again) you can bet that we'll do our best to start brushing their teeth faithfully. Lulu was scheduled to go in next week for her yearly dental exam and cleaning, but we'll have to push her to February...in the mean time I hope Sammie doesn't tell her how awful the recovery has been for him. He'll be on antibiotics for the next 2 weeks and he has to take something to help with the pain. Isn't that sad?

No comments:

Post a Comment